Agony in the Alleghanies 2021 will be on May 8th! You've been wanting to ride a mountain road century or metric... Agony is ON!
Register by noon on Friday, April 9th and you'll receive an Agony in the Alleghanies t-shirt.
Choose Your Challenge! Come to Virginia's scenic Alleghany Highlands region for the Agony in the Alleghanies Gran Fondo event.
Agony in the Alleghanies is a destination Gran Fondo cycling event you won't want to miss!
Easily accessible from Interstate 64, and four hours' drive from both Washington, DC and Charlotte, the Alleghany Highlands' majestic peaks and picturesque valleys might be mistaken for a region of France or Germany. With electronic chip timing, a King of the Mountains competition, and a mass start, all the elements of the classic European Gran Fondo will be here stateside and served up with southern hospitality. No Michelin guide required!
We offer riders 4 scenic course choices this year:
- Grand Fondo* 103 Miles 9791 feet climbing
- Medio Mtn* 64 Miles 6006 feet climbing
- Medio 69 Miles 5841 feet climbing
- Piccolo 30 Miles 2167 feet climbing
*Gran and Medio Mountain courses include a 7.7 mile chip-timed King of the Mountain contest up Warm Spring Mountain.
- Post-ride food and beverage
- Bike valet service in Covington Friday night/Saturday morning
- Shuttle service from parking at Clifton Forge finish to ride start in Covington on Saturday morning
- Free technical/mechanical support
- Stocked food and water stops
- Electronic Chip Timing
- Finishers' Medal
- Through 2/28/21:
- Gran Fondo: $50
- Medio or Medio Mountain: $45
- Piccolo Fondo: $33
- 3/1 -3/31:
- Gran Fondo: $60
- Medio or Medio Mountain: $55
- Piccolo Fondo: $36
- 4/1 - 4/28:
- Gran Fondo: $70
- Medio or Medio Mountain: $65
- Piccolo Fondo: $39
- 5/1 - 5/8/21 (Ride Day):
- Gran Fondo: $75
- Medio or Medio Mountain: $70
- Piccolo: $42
Support the local Alleghany Highlands community
Agony in the Alleghanies benefits the Clifton Forge Area Food Pantry.